The Quilters' Guild Conference - a Celebration of Quilting!
What happens at a Quilters' Guild Conference?
- Over 400 quilters get together to have fun
- They attend lectures by well-known quilters from the UK and abroad
- They attend half-day or full-day workshops to learn new techniques and try out new ideas
- Members enjoy a gala dinner with a well-known speaker
- There are trips to local places of interest
- Lots of quilts are on show in the exhibitions
- Members can top up their stash with invited traders
- The Guild's Annual General Meeting gives everyone the chance to ask questions
- .... and there is chance to chat and mingle and meet and immerse yourself in three days of quilts and quilting!
Is Conference for members only?
Non-members are welcome to attend most Guild events (although they pay more than members) but Conference is the one big event that's just for members. However, non-members need not despair! Anyone can join The Guild and meet up with their quilting friends at Conference.
A Big Thank You ....
to the Conference team. Each year the Conference is organised by a voluntary Conference team from the region in which the Conference is held, supported by the National Conference Officer. Thank you to all our volunteers on Conference teams - we couldn't do it without you!
Uncertainty due to the pandemic has meant that the 2021 conference cannot take place in its usual format and has been postponed until 2022 but plans are being discussed for an online event. Details will be made available through the usual channels as soon as they are finalised.