Group Affiliation for independent groups provides Public Liability Insurance cover for group meetings, events and exhibitions and costs £75 per year. We welcome groups involved in Patchwork, Quilting and associated stitched textiles, and the maximum size of group we are able to accept is 199. Becoming an affiliated group does not bestow personal Guild membership on the individuals within the group. There are many added benefits to becoming a full member of the Quilters' Guild, please see the section 'Benefits of joining' by following the link in the left hand column.
Our Affiliated Group contract, as outlined below lays out what you can expect from Affiliated Membership:
- Public Liability Insurance for up to a maximum of 199 members
- We will insure 5 public events per Affiliation year and
- We will support additional public events for a fee of £10.00 per event
- 20% discount on pre-booked group visits to the Quilters' Guild Collection
- We will offer each individual Affiliated Group member access to our regular e-newsletter
- We will send your main group contact relevant information by email. For example, to send a copy of The Guild Regional newsletter for your area by email, where it is available in this format (which can then be circulated to members if you choose) or one hard copy of the regional newsletter if an online version is not available, and to provide updates about your membership.
Our GDPR Privacy Notice is available on the website and can be seen here:
To find out more about the insurance provided to Affiliated Groups, download Group Affiliation Insurance - Summary of Cover. To join as an Affiliated Group your group must have a Constitution. We offer information and a specimen constitution for your use which you can download by clicking here: Constitution Advice for Local Groups .
Your insurance will start on the 1st of the month following application approval.
Before making an online application for Group Affiliation, please upload your constitution here. We will contact you when the constitution has been approved.
If you have any questions about joining as an Affiliated Group please contact our Membership Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01904 613242.
Event insurance Requests and Risk Assessments
Once you have applied and been accepted, you must advise The Guild of your activities so that insurance cover can be put in place, this means filling out an IN10 Event Insurance Request Form and the relevant risk assessment form(s) depending on the type of activity – see links below. This requirement is for both online and in-person activities.
For regular events and committee meetings you only need to fill these out once a year unless you change the venue we have on file. For any of your exhibitions, meetings or events where members of the public attend, you will need to fill out the forms each time.